Mini Stuffed Pumpkins with Chicken Cream
2 Mini Pumpkins
2 tablespoons of CocoPacifc Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
½ onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
150g Chicken Breast, shredded
30g Cottage cheese
15g Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
Place the pumpkins in a small roasting tray, add half a cup of water and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
Cut the top of the pumpkins, remove the seeds and pulp carefully and set aside.
Heat CocoPacifc Raw Virgin Coconut Oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sweat the onion and garlic. Add the tomato sauce, chicken and salt. Add the pumpkin pulp, cottage cheese and mix well.
Fill the mini pumpkin with the mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake for 5 minutes, in pre-heated oven at 180 °C. Place the lids and serve immediately.
Don’t waste the pumpkin seeds! Here are a few ideas for what to do with them:
Remove the pumpkin seeds and wash. Leave to soak for at least one hour and pre-cook for 10 minutes in boiling water. Dry them with a paper towel and season to taste (sea salt, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, margarine, herbs, curry powder and peppers). Take them to the oven until golden and crispy.
Once you have the Pumpkin seeds ready, here are a few quick serving ideas
- Add pumpkin seeds to healthy sauteed vegetables.
- Sprinkle on top of mixed green salads.
- Grind pumpkin seeds with fresh garlic, parsley and cilantro leaves. Mix with olive oil and lemon juice for a tasty salad dressing.
- Add chopped pumpkin seeds to your favourite hot or cold cereal.
- Add pumpkin seeds to your oatmeal raisin cookie or granola recipe.
- Next time you make burgers, whether it be from vegetables, turkey or beef, you can also add some ground pumpkin seeds.